Welcome to my Blog - hope you enjoy it! Sue x

Sunday 25 April 2010

The London Marathon

What a fantastic day I've had, supporting my friend Christina, who has just run the London Marathon in 4 hours and 45 minutes.  She ran for Great Ormond Street Hospital, in memory of her granddaughter Kacie, who would have been 10 this year - you can find out more on her fundraising page  I was supporting her along with her daughter Jodie, as part of the official GOSH team.  It was such a brilliant day, cheering on all the runners, and making sure anyone with a GOSH vest got an extra loud cheer!  I just don't know how the runners find not only the physical, but the mental strength to run that distance - I'm in awe of every single one of them!
The GOSH Cheering Post

Amazing!

Christina at 17 miles - stopping for jelly babies and a hug from Jodie!

Christina and Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment